Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Top-ranked in the nation, The UNC Family Medicine Center provides patient-centered primary care, conducts groundbreaking research, cares for communities, and trains the best and the brightest young doctors and primary care providers. We provide full-scope patient care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care, including sports medicine. Our three locations are The UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill (central location where we also have an Urgent Care Clinic), The UNC Family Medicine Center at Durham, and The UNC Family Medicine Center at Carraway Village. We are proud to serve our amazing, diverse UNC community and ALL the people of North Carolina. Learn more at: uncfamilymedicine.org
An Advanced Practice Provider (APP) functions as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in accordance with privileges approved by the credentialing committee to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients within the APPs scope of practice in collaboration with a supervising physician. The APP reflects the mission, vision, and values of the organization, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and other regulatory and accreditation standards.
1. Clinical- Obtains relevant health and medical history, performs thorough physical assessment, reviews and interprets pertinent diagnostic tests/results. Develops appropriate differential diagnoses. Develops and implements treatment plans including prescribing/ordering of appropriate evidence-based pharmacological agents consistent with departmental guidelines and privileging, and schedules appropriate follow-up management. Actively incorporates evidence-based hospital initiatives to improve patient care. Conducts preventive health screening based on age, history and patient needs. Maintains clear comprehensive yet concise records of all aspects of patient care. Maintains essential knowledge of general disease and pathologic processes. Maintains extensive knowledge of their specialty literature including awareness of developing areas. Consistently derives correct diagnoses through synthesis of clinical data and proper selection and interpretation of diagnostic studies. Develops comprehensive differential diagnoses for patients. Revises the plan of care to meet the changing needs of the patient. Prioritizes work and assists staff to provide prompt and efficient client flow. Consistently maintains high productivity according to identified standards. Leads/participates in projects to improve productivity. Appropriately performs medical procedures consistent with departmental guidelines, privileging, and clinical roles/responsibilities.
2. Education- Appropriately and professionally educates clients and/or families regarding medical condition, treatment, and follow-up. Collaborates with clinicians, staff, and students to promote continuity and patient/family centered care. Develops educational materials based on learning needs of clinicians, staff, and students. Provide education/instruction to physicians, housestaff, nursing, ancillaries and/or students. Actively recognizes and participates in identification and achievement of self-learning needs. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs.
3. Leadership- Provides instruction to physicians, housestaff, nursing, ancillaries and/or students including but not limited to precepting, shadowing, lectures, training classes, CE, rounds, morning report, and or staff meetings. Participates in community/network outreach programs. Develops/leads community/network outreach programs. Demonstrates both an understanding of the contexts and system in which healthcare is provided and the ability to apply this knowledge to improve and optimize health care delivery. Leads/participates in systems improvements.
4. Professional- Interacts with patients and families in a respectful, courteous and timely fashion using appropriate communication for the patient and situation. Interacts collaboratively with coworkers, other team members and staff in a respectful, courteous, and timely fashion appropriate to patient care needs and situations. Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems. Accepts responsibility for outcomes of one?s work. Shares responsibility for overall workload with team members.
5. Quality/Research- Engages in daily continuous quality improvement by identifying and implementing processes for improvement. Consults with management in assessment, problem-solving, decision-making, and evaluating clinical/system issues and models of care. Leads interdisciplinary teams to provide integrated delivery of patient care services. Initiates and revises protocol(s) or guideline(s) to reflect evidence-based changes in care management Works to influence policy-making bodies to improve patient care. Develops new clinical programs or services within the department/unit/clinic to improve patient care.
* Completion of an accredited graduate-level Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA) program.
* Licensed as an Advanced Practice Provider (i.e., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in the state of North Carolina. Board certification if required by the Department. DEA.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Demonstrated clinical competency. Effective leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively. Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills. Effective interaction to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting. Documentation in the medical record to substantiate accurate billing.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Family Practice
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.