**Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nationâ��s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Full Time Days - No Nights, Holidays or Weekends. Heavy Ortho and Fluoroscopy experience preferred.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic radiological exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment.
â�¢ Verifies patient identity and reviews patient's medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure.
â�¢ Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
â�¢ Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up.
â�¢ Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
â�¢ Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist.
â�¢ Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
â�¢ Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
â�¢ Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
â�¢ Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
â�¢ Able to take call/standby as required by the department.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography (R).
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to determine the most age appropriate method of providing requested radiographs specific to patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal effectively with and instruct patients who may be under physical/emotional stress; ability to comprehend and follow physicians verbal and written request and prescriptions; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse atmosphere with a variety of hospital personnel and/or patients.
3. Technical knowledge necessary to operate equipment including but not limited to all specialized equipment and computers.
4. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities.
5. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Physical ability to stand, bend, push, pull, reach and lift in order to provide patient care.
6. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate and utilize all types of x-ray equipment and supplies in order to produce radiographs of acceptable diagnostic quality.
Job: RAD TECH
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.