The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Tucson is set in a Sonoran Desert valley surrounded by five mountain ranges. Boasting an average 350 sunny days a year and warm dry air, the climate is ideal for year-round outdoor recreation. Tucson offers one-of-a-kind experiences for those interested in outdoor adventure and nature, heritage and culture, arts and attractions, golf and original Southwest-inspired dining.
This is a full time position supporting ATC with your??main job responsibility floating assignments between clinic/high schools and other outreach events.??
The shifts vary, and will include weekends. This position requires a Current National Athletic Trainers Association certification and must possess a valid athletic trainer license issued in the state of practice. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for driving and supporting successful execution of integration efforts and processes related to new business development opportunities supporting Sports Medicine, Concussion and Orthopedic Programs. This position will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing programs and services which promote and increase public awareness and potential referral sources for a target patient population. Provides referral criteria, and advances in treatment to referral facilities, patients, families and the community at large.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides expertise in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of new business opportunities and activities related to these programs. Guides the development and implementation of programs, short and long-range goals and objectives and determines the optimal progression to obtain these goals.
2. Raises public awareness by developing and maintaining educational materials, resources and references for target patient population. Plans, organizes, or attends community events, programs, special events, speaking engagements and educational activities. Serves as a community spokesperson and advocate for target population.
3. Consults with and is accountable to leadership for the review of new business proposals and collaboration to identify project goals, time frames, funding limitations, and allotment of resources for these programs. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents recommendations regarding applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
4. Develops reference and referral resources for patients and families which expedite their access to care. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance clinical care and programs or services and develops effective tools to measure performance.
5. Implements individualized therapeutic interventions, and monitors responses to therapy to ensure client safety. Reports progress and medical changes to referring physician or appropriate medical provider. Evaluates injuries and develops treatment and exercise plans within the scope of practice. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
6. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are facility based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, medical supply companies, community and business organizations, and potential patient referral facilities.
Bachelor???s degree in Athletic Training or related field from an accredited university training program and two to four years of related experience.
Current National Athletic Trainers Association certification and must possess a valid athletic trainer license issued in the state of practice. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Master???s degree in Athletic Training.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.