Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.??
TOCA at Banner Health is at the forefront of the Integrated Service Model. We are committed to continually improving our delivery of orthopedic care to meet the needs of our patients. Our Board-certified & Fellow-trained Physicians specialize in: Fracture Care, Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Hand Therapy, Digital X-Ray, MRI, Bracing & Orthotics, and more!! By utilizing the most innovative procedures and true state-of-the-art technology, our staff of general orthopedists and sub-specialists have earned a reputation for providing consistent specialized orthopedic care. TOCA???s reputation is built on treating each patient???s specific needs, which is one of reasons why we are the choice of primary care physicians and performance athletes throughout the Valley (Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Glendale). We are also honored to be the official team physicians and orthopedic surgeons for Arizona State University.
As an Orthopedic Technologist at TOCA Banner Health you'll join a team that strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff.
Our team is like a family and we help one another, empower one another to make decisions, and encourage natural talents so each member can grow.?? You'll be able to use your experiences with applications of casts, splints, DME, dressing, removal of sutures/staples, ordering of procedures. A career with TOCA at Banner is great if you are just starting out; or have many years??? experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives!?? Apply now to connect with a recruiter and learn more.
This opportunity is full-time, Monday thru Friday, hours between 7a to 5pm to cover Phoenix Biltmore location, possible coverage to other TOCA locations if needed.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting providers in delivering medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Applies, adjusts and removes casts, splints, immobilization devices and traction. Removes sutures, staples, pins and wires; changes dressings and cares for wounds. Measures and fits patients for braces and other orthopedic devices. Educates patients about various orthopedic conditions.
2. Assists physician in reduction of fractures and dislocations. Assists with and performs the removal of orthopedic hardware. Able to interpret most types of orthopedic fractures and dislocations on x-ray films.
3. Performs first and second assist functions during procedures and surgeries under direct supervision of a surgeon. Knowledge of all operating room aseptic techniques, including setting up proper draping and surgical fields. Positions and prepares patient for various orthopedic surgical procedures in operating room; including fracture table setup, patient positioning, and specialized orthopedic instrumentation.
4. Assists providers with examinations, including obtaining medical history and vitals, draw up injections, and taking necessary measurements. Instruct patient in pre and post-operative care, proper care of casts and splints, and crutch training.
5. Documents all information into the patient records system accurately and completely to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation. Provides administrative support in orthopedic department when needed.
6. Orders, tracks and maintains product inventory. Replenishes and disperses supplies within the exam rooms to ensure all rooms are appropriately stocked and readily accessible.
7. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
8. May supervise and train other non-certified Cast/Orthopedic technologists.
9. This position functions with limited supervision and is responsible for all aspects of the patient experience. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients/clients, families and external contacts, such as vendors and employees of other health care institutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification. Current Registered Orthopedic Technologist (ROT) certification.
Requires knowledge of medical terminology, insurance processes, and general billing/coding processes as typically obtained through one year experience in a hospital or physician practice environment. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Current certification as an Orthopedic Technologist by the National Board of Certification for Orthopedic Technologists (NBCOT).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.