Clinical Lead OP Rehab Occupational Therapist – AdventHealth Redmond
Location: Rome, GA
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
Leads the clinical rehabilitation team (therapists, assistants, athletic trainers, techs, volunteers, and interns) with positive influence and by example while providing occupational therapy in the outpatient rehabilitation setting. Assists manager/director with clinical interviews, orientation of new hires, rounding with employees’ physicians and patients, completion of staff annual competencies and development of clinical staff in areas of continuing education, mentoring and documentation. Promotes evidence-based standards of care through collaborative participation in research, journal reviews, teaching/mentoring, and/or peer education.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Fosters development of staff by completing clinical competencies with new hires and each clinical staff member prior to annual review. Facilitates orientation of newly hired clinical staff as assigned by manager/director. Collaborates with manager/director on approval of clinical staff continuing education requests. Coordinates in-services by clinical staff and vendors.
• Assists manager/director with clinical staff hiring and annual performance appraisals including setting clinical and career-planning goals. Actively serves as a mentor or assigns a mentor from the team to new graduates. Engages in promoting evidence-based standards of care and lifelong learning through autonomous and collaborative participation in research, journal club/reviews, teaching/mentoring/
• clinical instructor and/or clinical practice education within a peer group.
• Assists in daily operations including active involvement in clinical and service rounding, leading staff meetings, and management reports as needed. Collaborates with manager/director on clinician and tech schedules to best meet the patients’ needs. Investigates, responds to and resolves complaints. Is available as a clinical resource for physicians, patients and staff. Escalates issues, as appropriate, to the manager or senior management team for resolution.
• Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Determines Occupational Therapy Diagnosis and establishes plan of care, make recommendations for referral if treatment needed outside of scope of Occupational Therapist practice.
• Establishes, implements and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
• Documents and charges accurately, completely, timely and legibly. Uses measurable and objective terminology according to standards of practice, follows insurance and department/hospital guidelines.
• Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians, according to established regulations and practice standards.
• Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Coordinates regular chart audits and reviews for accurate and timely completion for assigned area/team including input of performance improvement (PI) data as required. Educates clinical team and coaches individuals to support regulatory and content compliance with clinical documentation and charging.
• Meets productivity standard as defined by department.
• Actively supports scheduling so that each patient meets the plan of care as agreed upon by the patient and referring physician by adjusting and adapting their own schedule and/or working within the team to meet the patients’ needs. Willingly adjusts to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers/programs as needed/approved and observed by manager or director.
• Regularly participates in marketing to physicians/physician practices to build referral relationships with a minimum of two contacts per month. Supports consumer marketing and public awareness through participation in community events, educational lectures/speaking, and/or other extension of clinical expertise to the community as approved by manager or director.
• Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation and assists manager/director with staff adherence to Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payers as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results. Takes responsibility of the environment of care by monitoring and taking action as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy plus five or more years of work experience as a licensed and treating occupational therapist
Master’s or Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy with a minimum of two years of work experience as a licensed and occupational therapist
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.