Musculoskeletal - Non Operative Physician - Ashburn
Location: United States,
Internal Number: 616743
Title: Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician
Operating Unit: Inova Medical Group/Sports Medicine
Functions as a Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician providing direct patient care. Works collaboratively with other providers within the Inova Musculoskeletal Service Line and is flexible with regards to patient-care and administrative duties. The Primary Care Sports Medicine physician is fellowship trained in sports medicine and provides non-surgical musculoskeletal care.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatric Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship trained in Sports Medicine
- Appointed to active medical staff with clinical privileges in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Family Medicine
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Patient Care, Policies, Procedures, and Admission Criteria: adheres to patient care and admission criteria policies and procedures of Inova Medical Group.
2. Patient Care (outpatient): provides direct hands-on care to patients within the limits of credentials granted by the medical staff of Inova Medical Group
3. Physician Coverage and Responsibilities:
- Performs duties as set forth in this agreement, as well as duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned by MSK Service Line President
- Participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness of primary care/non-surgical musculoskeletal services in collaboration with the Inova Sports Medicine Surgeons and staff
- When the physician is engaged in full-time status, the physician is prohibited from engaging in another private practice of medicine during the term of this agreement and from performing the same or similar professional and administrative services at any other hospital or entity.
Works evening clinics as scheduled or required
Covers high school or club team training room and/or games as scheduled or required
4. Quality Improvement:
- Participates in regular quality improvement and cost saving activities in collaboration with other professional members of the healthcare team
- Acts as a patient advocate in monitoring, tracking, assessing and evaluating the quality of care
- Supports the case management concept by:
- Assisting in setting practice goals
- Acting as a change agent
- Supporting development, implementation and monitoring of clinical pathways
- Assists with developing quality monitors and conducting medical record review
5. Budgetary Responsibility:
- Provides input to MSK Service Line President and Executive Director for the budget process and adheres to set budget
- Appropriately allocates resources, such as diagnostic tests
6. Program Development: assists in development of yearly programs, goals and objectives
7. Medical Staff Liaison: maintains communication with other interrelated medical and surgical services to facilitate cooperative interactions, appropriate standardization of equipment, documents and practice and optimal patient care
8. Medical and Nursing Staff Support: provides consultation and educational support to colleagues and nursing staff
9. Billing Procedures: adheres to established billing procedures for clinical services provided to patients by maintaining written records of services performed consistent with the requirements of Inova Health System and by accurately completing diagnosis and billing forms. Bills appropriately for each daily encounter.
10. Other Administrative Duties: other administrative duties may be assigned
11. Medical Education:
- Maintains regular CME activities to include 20 hours of category per year
- Participates in Sports Medicine resident/medical student lectures, CME events
- Participates in the staff development program
12. Medical Staff Bylaws and Regulations: abides by the bylaws, rules and regulations of Inova Fairfax Hospital medical staff
13. Physician Credentialing and Privileges: adheres to the physician credentialing process
Inova Medical Group is a team of talented and experienced physicians employed by Inova, providing world-class healthcare for the Northern Virginia and greater Washington, DC metro area. More than 400 physicians – experts in primary care medicine and adult specialties – are located throughout the region. Our physicians work together with Inova's extensive network of hospitals and outpatient facilities.