**$10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nationâ��s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides oversight to the physical therapy team. Assists department leadership in overseeing the day-to-day operations and resolving problems.
1. Coordinates staff work schedules and patient care assignments to ensure timely service delivery. Follows, clarifies and enforces department policies and procedures to ensure efficient provision of physical therapy services.
2. Assumes supervisory responsibility in the absence of department leadership.
3. Participates in the selection and evaluation of physical therapy personnel.
4. Coordinates and participates in department performance improvement activities.
5. Serves as a clinical resource to the physical therapy team and assists departmental staff with resolving complex cases and/or problems. Participates in setting and implementing goals for the physical therapy team.
6. Serves as a mentor to assist in professional growth and development of therapy staff.
7. Provides in-service education and orientation programs. Oversees, instructs and evaluates physical therapy staff in the application of physical therapy principles, modalities and techniques.
8. Assists with volunteer program, as needed.
9. Functions as a role model for customer service.
10. Assists in marketing physical therapy services to patients, families and other health care professionals in the community.
11. Serves as a clinical resource for community-based agencies, institutions and universities.
12. Assists management in department functions and special projects, i.e., utilization review, quality assurance, program development and committee work. Conducts studies and research projects as requested.
13. Performs all the duties/responsibilities of a Physical Therapist, as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy or a certification in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
2. Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in a clinical area in order to acquire leadership skills, and skills for specialized and independent patient treatment.
3. Leadership experience is strongly preferred.
4. Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Job: Physical Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.