Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
TOCA at Banner Health is at the forefront of the Integrated Service Model. We are committed to continually improving our delivery of orthopedic care to meet the needs of our patients. Our Board-certified & Fellow-trained Physicians specialize in: Fracture Care, Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Hand Therapy, Digital X-Ray, MRI, Bracing & Orthotics, and more!! By utilizing the most innovative procedures and true state-of-the-art technology, our staff of general orthopedists and sub-specialists have earned a reputation for providing consistent specialized orthopedic care. TOCA's reputation is built on treating each patient's specific needs, which is one of reasons why we are the choice of primary care physicians and performance athletes throughout the Valley (Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Glendale). We are also honored to be the official team physicians and orthopedic surgeons for Arizona State University.
TOCA at Banner strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. The clinic is conveniently located in the Tempe area. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, then TOCA at Banner Tempe is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare. As a Fitter you will be able to use your experiences assisting providers and ortho techs with fitting patients with prothsethics on extremities. A career with TOCA at Banner is great if you are just starting out; or have many years' experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives! Our team is like a family and we help one another, empower one another to make decisions, and encourage natural talents so each member can grow.
This role works out of the Tempe location, but may require travel to the other TOCA at Banner sites. Shift: Mon-Friday 8a-5p
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for fitting patients with durable medical equipment (DME) and to ensure successful fitting outcomes. The position is also responsible for performing other processes related to DME fittings and assisting with general operation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists patients in properly fitting, measuring and adjusting prefabricated and off-the-shelf orthoses such as cervical orthoses, knee braces, ankle walkers and pressure gradient hose. Educates patients on the use and maintenance of products.
2. Provides evaluation of selected orthotic needs of patients and educates patients on the application, use, care, and expected outcome for DME products as indicated by the physician instructions and manufacturer recommendations.
3. Obtains required patient and insurance information for pre-registration, benefit verification and pre-authorization. Verifies that prescription information is complete and accurate. Schedules fitting appointments in system.
4. Completes assessment notes on patient records and maintains accurate documentation of patient care provided. Posts charges for durable medical equipment (DME) and other applicable medical products in the system.
5. May assist with purchasing of retail merchandise and durable medical equipment. May assist with sales and general operations including inventory, merchandise display and customer service. May assists in the planning and development of department actions to achieve department/service goals.
6. Maintains main supply inventory and completes daily/bi-daily purchase orders for products used in clinics that fall below par levels and submit for approval and ordering. Checks in all orders delivered and disburse deliveries to intended departments and/or persons. Pulls product to be transferred to satellite offices and complete daily inventory transfers from main supply to satellite offices.
7. Reviews surgery schedules the day prior and check for add on surgeries to ensure product has been delivered to patient or to have the courier deliver products to surgery center. Prepares Post Op surgery equipment into bags to be delivered to patients and coordinate delivery of the products to the necessary office.
8. This position has responsibility for interacting with patients, families, physicians, and staff in various departments throughout the facility and organization. External contacts may include employees of other healthcare organizations, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, inquires or clarify information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and two years of fitting of soft goods and bracing in a clinical setting.
BLS certification is required.
Must complete continuing education to maintain certification and/or current practices. Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff and community members. Requires strong retail customer service skills and knowledge of, and ability to operate, business machines. Must possess the ability to communicate sufficiently to perform duties in a manner consistent with departmental scope of services and standards.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology, computer literacy and keyboarding skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Current certification as a DME Fitter. Associate's Degree preferred. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Prior experience in healthcare, including familiarity with Medicare and private insurance companies is preferred for certain assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R866
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.