The Evaluation Specialist will join a dynamic and progressive team to oversee the evaluation efforts of Michigan Fitness Foundation to address the programming goals and objectives to improve lives and strengthen communities by helping people eat healthfully and be physically active.
• Provide evaluation and statistical analysis leadership that includes overall support for internal projects and external contracts.
• Independently or as part of a team conduct and participate in relationship building, training, compliance oversight, direct program evaluation and communication of outcomes.
• Independently conduct reporting, analysis and communication tasks using standard equipment.
• Conduct multiple data analysis projects within a single period of performance.
• Conduct on and off-site field evaluation both indoors and outdoors in all weather.
• Participate in report, publication and grant writing and other projects as assigned.
• Supervision of staff and oversight of projects as assigned.
• Travel independently both in state and out-of-state.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Comprehensive content expertise in program evaluation including design, qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis, primary and secondary data analysis, meta-analysis and data management.
• Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, or evaluation field required.
• Ph.D. or equivalent degree preferred; aligned experience may be substituted.
• Five or more years’ experience in evaluation of large projects with increasing levels of responsibilities, preferably in the public heath realm.
• Exhibit professional and collaborative leadership skills.
• Robust knowledge of statistical analysis and associated software tools.
• Strong writing skills.
To apply please send CV or resume, references, and a writing sample to: PBartig@michiganfitness.org
Use the subject line: Evaluation Specialist position 2019
Internal Number: 001
About Michigan Fitness Foundation
MFF is committed to being a valuable resource that addresses our most pressing health issues and helps build a healthier Michigan.
MFF supports and builds collaborative partnerships that improve health through increased access to physical activity opportunities, healthy food, and related education and events — effecting change throughout Michigan communities.